Law of Allowing
June 25, 2015 by Cathy Brown
How is your manifesting coming along? Are you deliberately putting what you want out there? Has the Universe delivered? If your answer is “well, not so much”, you may be having some resistance.
There are 3 Steps to Manifesting
1. ASK – This is the Law of Deliberate Creation – choosing what you want.
2. THE UNIVERSE ANSWERS – The Law of Attraction, matching what you have asked for (being sure you ask for what you want and not what you don’t want).
3. RECEIVING – Are you totally open to receive? Or are you resisting? Here’s where the Law of Allowing comes in.
The Law of Allowing could be called the “law of acceptance” or the “path of least resistance”. When you want to change something you first have to accept it as it is now. I have a sign in my office that says “It is what it is…but it will become what you make it”.
From the teachings of Christy Whitman, there are 3 aspects of the Law of Allowing.
1. The relationship you have with yourself – Who are you? How do you present yourself to the world? What issues are you working on and what patterns do you need to change to be happy and satisfied in your own skin?
2. The relationship you have with others – Do you constantly want others to be different – to change in order for you to be happy? Ever thought about that?
If my (fill in the blank) husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, mother, father, friend, etc. would just (fill in the blank) , pay more attention to me, stop smoking, stop spending so much money etc. then I would be happy. What are you doing here? Not allowing…you are in a place of not allowing them to be who they truly are. You want to be allowed to be who you truly are so you owe others that same courtesy. And….THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT….If you are relying on others for your happiness…when they stop smoking or spending too much money even stop wearing those smelly sweatpants – YOU ARE GIVING AWAY YOUR POWER. You are the only one who can make you happy, THAT’S YOUR POWER. You surely don’t want to give it away to others, do you?
When you accept someone the way they are, you don’t have to agree with them – or like what they are doing – but accept them; allow them to be who they are then you understand the Art of Allowing.
When you are not allowing, you are resisting. When you are resisting, you can’t receive. The Law of Allowing may be the most difficult one to get our minds and hearts around, but essential to understand if you want to complete the 3 steps to manifesting: 1. ASK. 2. UNIVERSE ANSWERS and 3. RECEIVE.
The Law of Allowing means dropping all judgments and all emotional attachments to what others have, or do. When we practice this law in our relationships—we find that co-dependence dissolves, relationships improve.
So …#1 in working with the Law of Allowing is your relationship with yourself, and #2 is your relationship with others and the 3rd aspect is the relationship you have with the Universe. We will talk about that next week.
Until then…Happy Manifesting!
“You are not facers of reality. You are creators of reality.” ~ Abraham
*Based on the teachings of Christy Whitman
I rely on myself for my happiness.
I accept people as they are.