5 Things to give up this year!
January 28, 2016 by Cathy Brown
“If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ~Wayne Dyer
Resolutions…”smesolutions” (I just made up a new word). Resolutions…be gone! They probably are already, right? How many of us are still committed to going to the gym every day, or not eating that last piece of chocolate?
I have a new idea for you to consider. Instead of trying to stick to those “mostly unrealistic” resolutions we made 4 weeks ago, how about focusing on, setting your intention on, eliminating a few negative things that may be blocking the life we want to create? Sound like a plan?
I hope you enjoy my thoughts on the 5 things to give up this year, based on the list by Karen Salmansohn.
Together let’s focus on:
- Giving up ignoring your intuition. How many times do we get that “gut” feeling concerning an action we are contemplating….but not listen? That feeling, “intuition”, is a way the Universe often contacts us. When we set our intention and are open to receive, we often get ideas, thoughts, “gut feelings” to assist us in taking action. 2016 is the year I will listen!
- Giving up saying “YES” when you really want to say “NO”. Trying to please others more than yourself leads to negative feelings, anger and unneeded stress. Always remember, in the words of Christy Whitman, “Even a little No, still means No!” When you commit to something you really don’t want to do, you are lowering your vibration and bringing in negativity. And we don’t need no “stinkin” negativity.
- Not allowing negative people too much time and influence. Spend as much time as possible with happy, upbeat, positive people. You have heard the saying “Misery loves company”. We all know people, maybe co –workers, that delight in their own misery, they always have excuses, they do not take responsibility for their situations. DON’T hang out with these “Negative Nellies”. You can’t fly with the eagles if you hang with the turkeys!
- Giving up over complaining which leads to under appreciating. Let’s leave the complaining to those “Negative Nellies” above. There is no reason to over complain, as you created your current situation…so you can create your solution, right? Try to spend more time appreciating what you have and less time complaining about what you don’t have. Your vibrations and thoughts will then be higher and you will be on the launch pad for the good things to come.
- Giving up the fear of failure – which leads to the fear of trying. We are not alone. The Universe has our backs. There is nothing to fear…because there is no failure, just feedback. Edison received hundreds of “feedbacks” guiding him to discover the electric light bulb. Had he succumbed to the fear of failure, we may still be sitting in the dark and you might be receiving this “Happy Thoughts” via carrier pigeon. Life is supposed to be a fun adventure. Enjoy every minute. Remember the key to success is “Alignment – Momentum”.
“The purpose of life, after all, is to love it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt
I actively listen to my intuition.
There is no failure, only feedback to assist me in creating the life I want.
Do You Know Your WHY?
Knowing your WHY is like turning on the lights to your behavior. You gain instant clarity. You begin to understand why you made the choices you made. You know what your special gift is. Your world begins to make more sense.
Discover Your WHY…here: