Affirmations for Moving Forward
July 13, 2017 by admin
“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” ~ Mother Theresa
Holding onto the past can be nasty business, especially when the memories are unhappy. To move forward, you must first let go.
The past can be haunting if you allow it — failed relationships, bad business decisions, trusting someone unworthy of trust. The worst thing you can do is live in the past because it cripples your chances of moving forward.
Consider the most prominent characteristic separating happy, successful people from all the rest — their ability to consider the future with optimism, joy, and excitement. Happy people are the ones who have learned to let go of the past and move forward. They trust that the best is yet to come.
Letting go takes inner resolve. It takes commitment and practice. To make it easier, Life Coach, Sheila Callaham, shares with us a way to make letting go a bit easier using affirmations as a reminder that you are steadfast in your resolve to move forward. Affirmations, such as the ones I include each week in my Happy Thoughts, are short inspirational statements that redirect your focus to the positive. What you think about, you become. You don’t have to live in your yesterdays because all the joy you seek resides in your tomorrows.
20 Powerful Affirmations for Moving Forward
These affirmations can get you started in the right direction. Whenever you find yourself thinking about the past, recite one of these mantras to soften your emotions so that it is easier to release and shift your thinking. As you read through the list, write down the ones that speak to your heart.
• I am always all that I need to live a joyful life.
• Tomorrow is a precious gift for which I am grateful.
• I choose how I feel, and I feel amazing.
• My future is better than I could ever imagine.
• I am grateful for each day that brings me one step closer to my perfect life.
• I feel special knowing that I am part of something greater, which has meaning beyond my wildest dreams.
• Success and good fortune flow toward me in a river of abundance.
• Opportunities and advantages come with each door that I open.
• Every day I feel and connect to the beautiful spirit that I am.
• Each day I choose to seek and acknowledge my personal happiness.
• I see the miracle in every day.
• No one loves me more than me.
• Everything I desire in life is in front of me.
• I rejoice in the process of creating positive change in my life.
• The future is mine. All I must do is claim it.
• I open myself up to the excitement that each day can bring.
• I am grateful for a new day to play in.
• I see the perfection in the natural world around me.
• I love that I feel so joyful.
• I enjoy sharing my life with supportive family and friends.
A great way to leverage the power of affirmations is to write down those that most inspire you on little Post It notes. Place them around your home and office in places where you will see them frequently throughout the day. If you have a specific future desire, turn it into a personal affirmation. For example, you might write, I love my new joy! I’ve never felt so creative and inspired! When you see the affirmations, take a few seconds and recite it silently. Allow yourself to feel the words resonate in your mind, and then flow through your body.
Tracking Your Progress
The best way to recognize steps forward is to keep a journal. Take a few minutes at the end of each day to record something good that you noticed. Can you connect it to your affirmation? Over time, you’ll have a journal filled with positive outcomes. Reading over your journal will become your best affirmation of all proving that, when you let go of your past and focus on the good around you, every tomorrow is better than any yesterday.
“Getting knocked down in life is a given. Getting back up and moving forward is a choice.” ~ Zig Ziglar
I am getting better each and every day.
I set my intention, letting go of the outcome and trusting the Universe will show me the way.
Enjoy Cathy’s Book
If you live outside of the US, please go to your country’s Amazon and search “Cathy Brown” or “ACT Align-Connect-Transform.”