5 Ways to Remember How Amazing You Are
May 5, 2016 by Cathy Brown
“No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.”
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Really? Amazing??? I don’t often think of myself as amazing. Hardworking, a pretty good communicator, even a kick-ass sometimes…. but amazing?…not so much. How about you?
There is a real challenge in our society today, especially for women. Ladies…and gentlemen too…I have a message for you…” YOU ARE AMAZING…REMEMBER THAT!”
Here are some ways to help remember how truly amazing you are from an article I recently found in the Abundance Project entitled “5 Ways to Remember How Amazing You Are”.
1. Stop comparing yourself to others.We all know that we need to stop trying to “keep up with the Jones’s”. Because behind close doors they are usually in the same situation or worse than us. Stop beating yourself up over someone else’s fabricated persona. It has nothing to do with you, and it is very damaging to The Real You.
2. Get Rid of Negative Influences.So while you are getting rid of the “make believe people” I want you to throw out the image of “who you are Supposed to be”; supposed to be with, supposed to have, supposed to do, supposed to look like. If we could stop trying to live up to some of these damaging ideas and be the real YOU, we would be happier. By eliminating the “supposed to be” you will be able to see the things we are doing right. We will be a better version of ourselves; the loving, positive person that you want around you; be that for yourself and for others
3. Visualize.It’s hard to step back and look at ourselves objectively, so next time you have any negative self-talk you need to paint a picture in your mind about who that person is. I picture mine as a “mean girl” and then I don’t worry what she has to say because by creating the visual of someone I don’t respect, those cutting words lose their power.
4. Write your problems down.All day long I have a million to do’s in my head, which makes me feel like I’m not accomplishing anything. But take a second, as I have done and make a list of the “millions” of things that are troubling you, and you will see there are not millions. I rarely have more than a couple things in my life that are worth worrying about.
Now that you have written your list down, prioritize the list. Not everything is a “TEN”. And when you rank them, it always helps you to see the problem in a different light. “Oh that one is really not that big of a deal because it ranked so low on my list.”
5. Be your friend. As a mom, when my daughters were little, I tried to highlight the importance of being your own best friend. When my daughter said “I’m not that smart,” I used to tell her to stop talking about Chris like that, because I love Chris. She always laughed, because she knew that she was the Chris I was referring to. So next time you hear or think any negative self-talk say, “Don’t talk about me that way.” Remember, You are Amazing.
“Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from loving yourself.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
I am amazing…yeah, I am.
I love and respect myself.
Don’t Miss This Free Event…
What if you could tap into the minds of some of the most successful and influential people on the planet to discover their key strategies to create a truly amazing life?
What if they laid it all out for you in simple, easy-to- follow steps that you could implement right away?
Even better, what if those people shared intimate details of their life, what made them truly successful and did so in a way that was gritty, down-to- earth and real?
That’s why I’m sharing this with you. It’s different. It’s inspiring. And it’s real.
Click Here to Register Now for The Other Side of Average